Safe Routes to School
- Pedestrian Safety Training - the Newman SRTS program holds an annual pedestrian safety training for second graders. It is an experiential skills-based training, and we recommend reinforcing the skills under the guidance of parents and walking school bus leaders. Click here for the skills checklist.
- Sharing our Sidewalks...safety for both walkers and bikers. Click here for the Sharing our Sidewalks information.
- Report a problem to the Needham Police here or call (781) 455-7570.
- Report a sidewalk problem to the DPW here.
- Propose an infrastructure change to the Town here - then click on Submit a Traffic Management Concern at the bottom of the page.
- Educate yourself on the Needham by-laws about snow and ice on residential sidewalks
Walking School Buses
Do you desire to collaborate with neighbors on walking to school? Then these are for you! A Walking School Bus is a group of children walking to school with one or more adults. Adults taking turns and children walking together is efficient, safe, and fun: kids and parents love it! Look for the Walking School Bus signs in your neighborhood within a mile or so of Newman, and check out the links below for more information on our Newman WSBs.
Walking School Bus Links:
- Routes and Contacts
- Route Map
- Morning Route Schedule
- Afternoon Route Schedule
- Gear Checklist
- Dear Neighbor Note
- Group Walking Recommendations
- Bee-Vites (Invite a friend to walk with you!)
Weathering the Weather - Tips from Experienced Walking Families to Yours
"Weathering the Weather" is a series of tips and tricks from more experienced walkers to help keep the
Newman community walking in all weather, and cars to a minimum on campus. Click on the weather
conditions below to find out more:
Check out our weathering the weather gear checklist to help you get equipped!
For more information or questions contact SRTS at email@example.com.